- Frank Slide Interpretive Centre opened April 28, 1985.
- Opened by the Honourable Mary LeMessurier (Minister of Culture) and Honourable Fred Bradley (Minister of Environment).
- Architects: Donnely and Whiting.
- Original displays designed and built by Aldrich, Pears and Associates; and Alberta Culture, Historic Sites Services.
- The Interpretive Centre was designed to tell the story of resource extraction and coal mining in Alberta.
- The focus shifted to Frank Slide, but it also serves as an orientation centre to the history of the Crowsnest Pass.